Tuesday 30 September 2014

Diamonds

Howdy,

Finished Joan Baez "Diamonds & Rust" painting on Monday night. Pretty sure I've actually finished this one, maybe a small touch up, but 99% happy with it.

Here tis.


Also done a rough yesty for the John and George painting. Kinda needs some obvious tweeks in the painting, but general lay out is all there. Circa 64', round the Australian trip/Hard Days Night. 50 years ago...Hard Days Night suits, though John's hair is a little longer like on the Australian tour. Listened to a bunch of Beatles yesterday and watched Hard Days Night last night, such a great film, those guys....


Here's somethin' else I haven't posted that I'll feature in this exhibition. Dylan as Woody.



So, after I finish the John and George painting in the next couple o days, I'll sketch up my last piece of the main 16 painting series. Jimi Hendrix. what song? Thinkin' "If 6 were 9". Maybe... Maybe somethin' more obvious. Maybe even Purple Haze, but at the moment...

Jimi Hendrix – If 6 Was 9 Lyrics
Yeah, sing the song, Bro

If the sun refuse to shine
I don't mind, I don't mind
If the mountains fell in the sea
let it be, it ain't me
Alright, 'cos I got my own world to look through
And I ain't gonna copy you

Now if 6 turned out to be 9
I don't mind, I don't mind
Alright, if all the hippies cut off all their hair
I don't care, I don't care
Dig, 'cos I got my own world to live through
And I ain't gonna copy you

White collared conservative flashing down the street

Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon my kind will drop and die
But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high, high
Wave on, wave on
Fall mountains, just don't fall on me
Go ahead on Mr. Business man, you can't dress like me
Sing on Brother, play on drummer

behind the song.

Hendrix lookin' mean! In front of the Marshall stax.

 Been alotta great portrait inspired by Hendrix, my favourite by Martin Sharpe. He originally printed this with Jimi playin' right handed..oops..







No comments:

Post a Comment