Tuesday 9 September 2014

Except, Roll Down Your Windows...

Howdy,

Been workin' on the Boss's "Thunder Road", such a great song, and great album. Have been quite content listenin' to it over and over again through the last week. Such a big, thick sounding record. Helluva production.

Here's me rough....



And the song, live at the Hammersmith Odeon in London 1975 just after the LP's release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx71aA62Hx4

And watch the makin' of "Born To Run" Awesome doco, box set that came out a few years ago is really worth the $$$

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwkt6L_vY-I


Here's a painting that I did last year. Thinkin' it'll feature in the exhibition. An impression from my memory of Neil Young and the Crazy Horse in Geelong 2013. Incredible night, never thought I'd see Crazy Horse play my home town (Though I did strangely dream it a few years back). It rained really solidly all day, but then when the band launched inta "Like a Hurricane" it really came down.



I'll have the finished Thunder Road" painting to post next week, and hopefully a portrait of Willie Nelson too.




No comments:

Post a Comment