Wednesday 9 July 2014

double figures

Howdy again,

Didn't get chance to post anythin' last week...Busy paintin'....
Just finished number 10 of 16 of the main series. "Ode to Billie Joe" by Bobbie Gentry. 

Here's the rough.

And the final painting...


Also completed the Ronnie and Keith painting this mornin', I'll post the final next week, but for now here's the layout sketch. Keith's hair's a bit big, but fixed in the painting. You get the idea but.


Been listenin' to the Stones all week, from the first record through (Up to "Dirty Work" as I speak, has some great stuff on it regardless of what the stupid critics say). Favorite band of all time I'd reckon. Can't wait to see them again in October.

Here's some Keith and Ronnie in 74' for the release of the awesome debut Ronnie solo record "I've Got My Own Album to Do"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oWQiN_0SeE

So, up next is Memphis Minnie, then the final 5. I'll letcha know next week exactly. Need to do me some plannin', make sure I've got the bases covered. Should have Memphis Minnie underway by then hopefully, still deciding on the song. Got some listenin' and some research to do tomorra.

No comments:

Post a Comment