Thursday 12 June 2014

portraits

Hey,

Here's some portraits I've been workin' on. Still might need some touch ups. these are painted straight to ply, without any prelim sketches. In order of appearance, Elvis Presley, Kurt Cobain, Joni Mitchell and Ron Ashton. I realised while painting these how influential these 4 are, how many kids have picked up guitars because of these 4? I think the first 3 or 4 songs I learn t on guitar were probably Stooges songs.

Elvis-
Kurt-
Joni-

 Ron-

 Started Lou Reed "Satellite Of Love" painting this week, should be done early next week. So been listenin' to a lot of this era Lou mainly Transformer and Berlin. I have really been gettin' inta Berlin, dunno how I've overlooked this record for so long...So damn good.



Then onto painting number 10 of 16. What's it's gunna be?

 Here's some Stooges, Live at the Cincinnati Pop Festival 1970...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuT5kMoYc1w

And some Joni. This is a hell of an Awesome set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoKBGotuNhc








No comments:

Post a Comment