Thursday 29 May 2014

Rowland, Dave and Pete

Hey,

Just finished 3 of my 4 Australian guitar greats. Here they are. Been listenin' to a bunch of live Triffids and a whole bunch of Rosie Tatts.  2 Very different bands. Have been thinkin' of top Australian records of all time, Triffids "Born Sandy Devotional" would have to be close to Number 1 I think, with Rosie Tatts 1st pretty damn close behind....Might make a list next post next week. I like lists...

Rowland S Howard
Dave MaComb
Pete Wells

I'll post Lobby next week when he's finished, about half way I'd reckon, should be done this arvo.

Here's somethin' to watch. Triffids live at the Australian Made festival. Wide Open Road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN44HEXswWE

And Rose Tattoo, live at Boggo Road Gaol. 93'. Check out their version of Stones classic "Street Fighting Man" Awesome! The Pete Wells intro...Yew!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnpMTv1-U8w

Then after finished Lobby, I'll probably work on a couple of portraits, Joni Mitchell and Ron Aston I reckon. And then back to the main body of work...Which song next?? Found a best of Lou Reed cd on the footpath the other day, was this a sign? Satellite of Love??






No comments:

Post a Comment